In his book which I am just beginning, Jared Wilson points out 11 signs you haven’t experienced what he calls Gospel Wakefulness:
- The gospel doesn’t interest you–or it does, but not as much as other religious subjects.
- You take nearly everything personally.
- You frequently worry about what other people think.
- You treat inconveniences like minor (or major) tragedies.
- You are impatient with people.
- In general, you have trouble seeing the fruit of the Spirit in your life (Gal 5:22-23).
- The Word of God holds little interest.
- You have great difficulty forgiving.
- You are told frequently by a spouse, close friend, or other family members that you are too “clingy” or too controlling.
- You think someone besides yourself is the worst sinner you know.
- The idea of gospel centrality makes no sense to you.
(HT: Steve McCoy)